Exxaro is a diversified
with interests in specific markets:
coal (controlled and non-controlled), titanium dioxide and alkali chemicals (noncontrolled), ferrous (non-controlled) and energy (non-controlled).
The group has business interests in South Africa, Europe, the United States of America and Australia. Our asset portfolio includes coal operations and investments in iron ore, pigment manufacturing, renewable energy (wind) and residual base metals.
Exxaro is listed on the JSE and was a long-standing constituent of the Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) index, reconstituted as the FTSE Russell ESG Index in 2015. Exxaro is now included in the FTSE/JSE Responsible Investment Index.
- Coal revenue R20,7 billion, up 14%
- Coal NOP* of R5,2 billion, up 101%
- R2,4 billion post-tax equity-accounted income
- No dividends declared for FY16
- R384 million post-tax equity-accounted losses
- Dividend of R298 million
- Net debt: equity of 3,8%
- Final dividend of 410 cents per share, up 382%
- HEPS** of R13,02 cents per share, up 185%
- AEPS*** of R16,00 per share, up from 83 cents per share
* Net operating profit.
** Headline earnings per share.
*** Attributable earnings per share.